Exercises

 21.04.26 - 09.06.26 / Week 01 - Week 08

Sara Patel / 0362875

Digital Matte Painting/ Bachelors in Creative Media Design / Taylors University

Ex: Fundamentals of Matte Painting


INSTRUCTIONS


PROCESS WORK

This was the first assignment for Matte Painting in which we were asked to sketch out few perspective studies of environment, practice few value and composition study, generate sky replacement using Photoshop, paint out virtual plain air, tried 2.5D matte painting using After effect and Photoshop tools and lastly practiced one invisible set extension using Photoshop tools. 

Here is the compilation of the exercises: Link


REFLECTION

The start of semester with these exercises helped me understand the basic skills needed to create realistic environments using digital matte painting. All these experiments mad me understand that digital matte painting is not only about creating beautiful images but also about using perspective, composition, lighting and colour to make a scene look realistic and aesthetic at the same time. I really enjoyed experimenting with these exercises as I noticed smallest of changes made a huge difference on how images looked aesthetically while also being meaningful. This made me more confident with different tools of Adobe Photoshop and After Effects. These exercises also helped me improve my observation skills as I started paying more attention to small details that made the environment look natural. I learned the importance of pre planning before creating the final artwork and how different techniques work together to create the final scene. This made me more confident with digital tools and experimenting with different ideas.

Overall, these experiments gave me a strong foundation in digital matte painting and prepared me for the more advanced projects further. It helped me develop my technical, problem solving and creative thinking skills as I feel more confident with the different tools and process applied. This was one of the assignments that I really enjoyed experimenting with. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Group Assignment: Social Ai Robot

EXERCISES

Project 1