Project 1

22.04.26 - 12.06.26 / Week 01 - Week 08

Sara Patel / 0362875

Vehicle & Props Design / Bachelors in Creative Media Design / Taylors University

Pre Production


INSTRUCTIONS



PROGRESS WORK

We worked on the first assignment alongside with the exercises as we applied the principles we learned in the exercise to this project. We brainstormed the pre production of the vehicle design starting with finding an environment for the vehicle, generating a mood board to understand mood and atmosphere I want to work towards. I collected references and summarised on that elements I want to add in my final vehicle. After conceptualising the idea, I started experimenting few silhouettes, different rough ideas sketches. This finally helped me finalise the vehicle I want to design, along with its functions, usabilities, thumbnail sketches in different angles, color and texture experiment and finally the overall vehicle sketch with the finalised color and texture. 

This is the final compilation: Link to Drive



REFLECTION

This first assignment helped me understand the pre production process of designing the vehicle from the initial idea to the final concept. By applying the principles learned during the exercises, I was able to plan and organise my progress in a more organised and meaningful way. Instead of rushing into the final vehicle design directly, I learned the importance of researching, collecting references and developing ideas before making design decisions. I so how drastically my design improved from the initial ideas to the final vehicle concept. This helped me improve my creative thinking, problem solving skills and I also understood how to take constructive criticism and work on it to make the concept better. By exploring different ideas and experimenting with different concepts I learned how important it is for a vehicle design to have a clear purpose, function and visual style that matches its environment and story. This project taught me to think carefully about every minor design choices like the shape, colours, textures and overall appearance. I didn't think about all these details before but now I understand how important it is to work in a specific mood and environment.

Overall, this assignment gave me a better understanding of the pre-production process of vehicle design. It helped me become more patient, organised and confident in developing ideas. I realise how important it is to spend time on research and planning along with a proper design process before creating the final vehicle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Group Assignment: Social Ai Robot

EXERCISES

Project 1