Project 1

20.04.26 - 13.06.26 / Week 01 - Week 08

Sara Patel / 0362875

Environment Design / Bachelors in Creative Media Design / Taylors University

Exterior & Landscape Design


INSTRUCTIONS


PROCESS WORK

We worked on this first assignment alongside with the exercises. As we brainstormed the concept and  applied the techniques we learned from the exercises to the project idea. Starting by generating a moodboard and breaking down key point of how i want my environment look and function, i started gathering all design ideas and mood board on how i wanted in my environment to look overall. Next i sketched an overview of world i wanted to create which was later focused down to more and more detailed idea through multiple concepts and refinements based on the feedbacks. Lastly I have the focused idea in different view points and ambiences.

Here is the compilation: Link


REFLECTION

This assignment helped me understand the importance of pre planning and developing ideas before designing the final environment design. By working on it along with the exercises, I was able to apply the design principles and techniques that I had learned in the actual concept. I realised the importance of ideation, research, collecting references and creating mood board which made it much easier to break down the final concept. This was the exterior of the environment and while i refined my ideas, I learned how a lot of processing and understanding is needed before reaching the final result. The weekly feedback I received was one of the important stage which helped me improve my work and understand why and how the pre production process works. This experiment taught me to be open to new ideas, making changes where necessary, not to finalise on the first attempt and to think more carefully about the purpose, atmosphere and overall aesthetics of the environment.

Overall, this assignment improved my creative thinking, conceptualising and problem solving skills. It gave me more confidence in developing a detailed idea through refinements in each step until the final concept. This was irritating at the start as I get really restless to complete work quickly but along the week my patience and experimentations improved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Group Assignment: Social Ai Robot

EXERCISES

Project 1