Project 2

15.06.26 - 10.07.26 / Week 09 - Week 12

Sara Patel / 0362875

Environment Design / Bachelors in Creative Media Design / Taylors University

Interior and Set Design


INSTRUCTIONS


PROCESS WORK

For this assignment we had to work on the interior of the environment we created in the previous project. Started by creating a mood board to explore the style, atmosphere and elements we wanted to include inside. Next, I sketched several concept ideas before selecting one final design and then drew the chosen idea from different angles and detailed features. After that, I created the ambience studies and photobash compositions to further develop the visual direction. Next I sketched an asset breakdown, followed by a 3D blockout of the scene. Once the layout was complete, we developed a colour concept and finished the project with a final presentation that included fully coloured and detailed assets.

Here is the compilation: Link



REFLECTION

This project helped me understand the process of designing an interior environment from rough ideas to creating the final presentation with proper details. I learned the importance of planning as it makes the next stages of the project much easier. I also improved my skills in sketching different ideas, organising the breakdown and paying attention to small details. This was helpful but also challenging as I learnt to use Blender for the first time and I was in a hurry due to deadlines, also making sure all the parts of the project matched the same theme and looked good together was time consuming. I also found it challenging to add enough detail while keeping the environment organised during a set period of time. Overall, each stage of the project helped me get stronger with my overall concept towards the final result. The mood board, sketches, asset breakdown and 3D blockout gave me a clear guide before creating the final artwork. This project helped me become more confident in planning, designing and presenting an environment at a pre production stage and showed me the importance of working step by step to achieve a better final outcome. This improved my creative thinking, problem solving and time management skills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Group Assignment: Social Ai Robot

EXERCISES

Project 1